Catherine Palace is located in Puskin in the vicinity of St. Petersburg and is the main summer residence, of many, of the tsars. The project was made by the Italian architect Rastrelli, who delivered his work for the imposing residence to the empress in 1756. The style is a flamboyant rococo with a facade as long as 325 meters. The Palace has suffered substantial damage over the years with portions of the facade devastated by World War II bombing. Russian authorities commissioned the association Prorestauroitalia to develop a comprehensive pilot intervention restoration project.
Estia directly participated in the development of such sampling referred to as the “Italian model.”