The Stadio dei Marmi was built between 1928 and 1932 and was born as an extension of the Fascist Men’s Academy of Physical Education for the daily training of its students. Since 2013, the naming of Pietro Mennea has appeared next to the original name. The project is due to Enrico Del Debbio. The intervention, subcontracted by firm C.E.V. , involves the restoration of the steps and 60 marble statues.